Sunday, June 20, 2010

My Last Day! (Tear, Tear)

I had gone to bed late the night before but Jenny and I decided we wanted to get up early the next morning and head to Westminster so we could take pictures in front of a telephone booth and big ben without the crowds.


The tube was so slow that morning but I realized it was one of my last chances to ride it and so I was ok with it. We even took pictures by our stop.
We finally got back to the center just in time for breakfast. I then started to pack my suitcases. It was so hard to pack everything away and it started to hit me that it was coming to an end. Luckily, my clothes all fit in the suitcase and my souviners fit in the duffle I brought. I then headed to Harrod's (an expensive store)to meet up with some girls.
It is a place we had heard about but we had never made it there, so we thought this was the perfect chance. It was a HUGE store and it had the coolest elevator that went that went up every little level.
The store was filled with the most expensive items imaginable. There was a toy car for $1,500 (but in pounds). They also had a section for baby clothes where they had gucci jr., prada jr. and dolce and gabana jr. (if that is how you spell any of them). So cute...but so expensive. They also had the biggest toy section ever!
There was a guy there who was demonstrating one of the toys. He was so funny and he played pictonary with us and then he made a happy birthday picture for Jenny. YAY!
After that we decided to go see some of our favorite spots in London. First stop was Traflagar Square. It was great to see it one last time and take it all in.
There are big statues of lions in the square surrounding the large monument in the middle. We decidd it would be fun to climb up the lions and take a picture. We didn't realize how tall they were. It took a little help to get us up there (this funny lady jumped in to help me up!)
The lion as tall and slippery and it scared me to death to be sitting on it. I thought I was going to fall off it and so I just wanted to take the picture quick. As you can tell from the picture below, that is how I felt about being up there.
We then decided instead of heading home that we would walk to Big Ben and Westminster. My favorite place in London. We found another great spot for pictures and I got a perfect one. Big Ben, Red Telephone Booth and Red Double Decker Bus. Check, Check, Check.
We then tried to see how many people we could fit in the telephone booth. We fit three and I am sure we could have fit more but we needed someone outside to take the picture.
We then thought about taking a boat on the Thames but then we just decided to walk around outside of Parliament and around the back.
We then walked along the Thames and saw a sight that I had failed to see the whole time I was there, which was the long side of Parliament along the Thames.


Afterwards we headed back home and got off at Notting Hill Station. Oh how I will miss that station and seeing the underground signs.
For our final dinner in London we went to this great Italian place on Bayswater called Zizzi's (I had been there before, but I liked it so much I wanted to go back). Then for our final dessert we decided to get a waffle again. So bad for you but oh so delicious. We talked about opening our own chain in the US, what do you think? YUM!
We then headed to Westminster for our final activity of the day. The LONDON EYE!!! Now, I am deathly afraid of heights and so for me to ride the largest Ferris Wheel in the world, that was a great accomplishment. Here is a view to show you how tall it is.
We went together as a group of 30 and so we could all fit in the same capsel. This is what they looked like.
It moved so slowly that they were able to open the door and we just walked right on. There was a sitting place in the middle and then room around the outer ends for you to stand and walk around. Here we are inside!
It was a great experience and an awesome view. Once we got to the vary top we could see over all of London, especially Big Ben.


I am glad to say that I survived and that it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be! I just made sure that I stayed away from the edge and that I walked slowly wherever I went. Look, its the London "EYE"!!!
The sun was just setting as we got off the Eye and so we took some really cool pictures with Big Ben at night. We were able to make it so we were as tall as the clock. We took cool ones leaning against it, kissing it and even hugging it. Here is one of my favorites.
We then headed home that night and we had a little final goodbye meeting where we had musical numbers including, "For Good" from Wicked. Definitely cried a little. We then, of course, had a huge hugging fest! I will really miss everyone. I then headed downstairs to finish packing and getting last minute things done. One of the things was signing underneath my bunkbed. Everyone from every year has signed it and so Chelsea and I thought we should too. Mine was pretty simple and hers was a saying that she always said while in London. Good memories.
That whole night we jammed out to "Party In The USA" in preparation for heading home. We stayed up until 3am and then we got up at 4am to leave on our plane. So it really wasn't sleeping, it was more of a "nap". Chelsea slept in my bed and we had funny experiences talking about naming our children, "Flemmington" and calling him "Flem" for short and telling jokes. We were so confused though when we woke up the next morning. Chelsea woke up saying, "Where am I? WHO am I?" Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment