Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The BYU London Center

I remember when I first was accepted to the study abroad I really wanted to see where I was living and what it looked like. I couldn't find any pictures except for this one blog with some pictures. Though I didn't take a lot, here are pictures for you fellow study abroader's (if that is even a word) and for my own sake to remember it.

THE DORM ROOMS:
Our room may look like a disaster but I have a few things to say in our defense. A) It was finals week so none of us were sleeping B) We were packing and so everything was out C) If you think our room is messy, you should see the other rooms. We passed all of our cleaning checks and our room was used as an example of how the room should look. So there!


MY BUNK:
My bed was on the bottom and Chelsea was on the top.

BATHROOM:
Our bathroom was nicer than all the others because it was attached to our room and it had two nice showers, two sinks and our own toilet for only 8 people. We really lucked out. The bottom picture is the funny one I got of Tiffany getting ready for bed, which she was mad about! :)

HAIR SPOT:
This is where all 8 of us did our hair. Not a very convienent spot (in front of the door) but the plugs in our bathrooms were not made for England plugs or converters, weird. But we made it work.
OUR DOOR:
Enough said, but the signs on the door are for our amazing cleaning skills and all the times we passed our cleaning checks.
STUDY/EATING/RELAXING PLACE:
This is where most of the homework would get done, where the professors and their families would eat dinner and where just about everything else happened.
SITTING ROOM:
This is where we would meet everyday at 5:15pm for devotional and where we would go over announcements and other fun stuff before dinner.
THE SERVERY:
This is where we would have dinner everynight, where we would make our daily Peanut Butter sandwhiches and where we would eat the desserts we had bought and packed in out boxes.
THE CLASSROOM:
Well...I would have taken pictures of the classroom but truthfully that is not a place I want to remember, so no picture. Haha.
ENTERANCE:
This is the enterance to where we lived. We lived in on 27 Palace Court in two flats that were in about the middle of the street. We had to put in a code each time to get in. So official!
STREET:
This is the street we lived on "Palace Court". Yay!

Hope you liked the tour!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. I've spent the last day stalking your blog in preparation for leaving next week. It has been a huge help!

    ReplyDelete