Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I'm Coming Home...

PREFACE: There are no pictures on this post. Why you may ask, because...I didn't take any. One, I was pictured out and secondly, my eyes were burning from no sleep and so it was a "no go" with my contacts that morning and so I wore my glasses all day. :)

As you can tell from my last post, we got up early. As in 4am early. We headed out the door at 5am (there was 11 of us all on the same delta plane to Atlanta). We had planned to take the 24 bus to the Victoria Station but when it came the bus driver said he would only take 4. Bummer. So 3 got on and the rest of us debated wheterher to wait for another bus or to take a taxi, we choose the taxi. The driver was nice enough to fit 4 of us in one. We had a nice conversation with him because he asked where we were from and after we said Utah he asked, "Are you Mormon?". It was neat to talk with him for a minute. We then got to the station and caught the 6am train to the Gatwick Airport. It took about 35 minutes to get there and then we went to check in our luggage. Before I forget, I have to talk about my packing issue. I packed all my clothes and everything in my suitcase and then planned to check a duffle bag as well with my souviners. But then I found out it cost $55 to do that, and I said, "No thank you". And so I used Chelsea's smaller duffle bag and jammed it all in there, hoping I could use it as my carry-on, along with my other huge stuffed backpack. When I got to the ticket counter I just checked on one and didn't mention my two oversized carry-on's, and so that was that. I took them both on the plane and saved myself paying $55, YAY! We got checked in just fine and got on the plane. Chelsea and I were sitting next to each other and since we knew each other better now, we spread out over the seat and tried to sleep. But sadly it didn't really happen even though I was exhausted. (I realized I had slept 14 hours over the space of 4 days!!!). We watched some good movies though. When we landed in Atlanta we jammed to "Party In The USA!" and got some great stares from the people on the plane. It felt good to be on American soil. It was so funny when we landed because everyone turned on their cell phones and freaked out when they worked and we could actually make calls. We then through customs and everything fine and then I split from the rest of the group because they were all heading to Salt Lake and I was heading to Phoenix. I slept about the whole plane ride and was excited to see my family waiting for me at the airport when I arrived.

Oh wait, I found the one picture of the day. Chelsea at the London Airport drinking a smoothie. Thanks Chels for your contribution!

No comments:

Post a Comment